The American Gardner was written in 1854 by William Cobbett. It is now in the public domain and has been converted into electronic format for the modern age.
The American Gardener provides over 150 pages of helpful gardening how to information, and tips that will help you grow plants with ease without them dying like they did on me!
Even if you’re a professional gardener, you’ll find many tips to help better your growing success!
This ebook has a retail price of $37, which many would say is a small price to pay for the wealth of information it contains. Here at the Soopa Store we believe the information should be more readily available after all, gardening is not an inexpensive hobby.
So, we found a place that is selling it not for $37…not $27…not even $17!! We’re sorry if you bought your copy of The American Gardener somewhere else because at the Gardening Soopa Store can you buy a copy for $7!!
Here’s What You’ll Find In The American Gardener:
* Choosing the right location on your property for growing plants. You’ll find in depth information on slope of your land, and what spot is best for growing successfully.
* Preparing the soil properly to provide nutrition for healthy plants.
* Fencing techniques for your garden. I LOVE this section. The author provides humorous techniques for using hawthorn trees as fencing, to keep troublesome lads from stealing their fruits and vegetables! You do not need to spend hundreds for a chain link, wooden or brick fence. Use hawthorn trees and with a little love and time you’ll have a fence that will make your neighbors green with envy!
* Designing, or laying out, your garden so that it’s pleasing to the eye yet functional as well.
* You’ll learn how to make hotbeds, so that you can start your vegetables earlier in the season and have edible produce as many as 15 days earlier than normal! This can be a moneymaker if you sell produce. Be the first in your neighborhood to have fresh green tomatoes and watermelons!
* Learn the benefits of operating a hobby greenhouse, and how it can be beneficially to your household.
* Learn about true seeds and the soundness of seed. You’ll learn how to test seed before you plant them, to determine if you have good seed or bad. Some seed will not grow if it’s bad, and by using a simple technique you can throw out the bad instead of laboring with planting them only to find no lovely sprouts growing where they were sowed.
* Learn proper methods for saving and preserving seed. I find this the most fun of gardening! I now save seed regularly and have a yard full of beautiful blooms from seeds I have saved and sown.
* Learn proper sowing methods to improve your seeds germination rate, and to ensure healthy plants. Proper spacing and depth can mean success or failure in the garden!
* American Gardener provides proper transplanting methods, to ensure your plants survival when moving from one area to another. This is the chapter that covers the information I was looking for, to ensure my Japanese Maples survival. I now have two Japanese Maples growing successfully in my yard, and what beauty they both bring!
* Cultivating your garden properly and methods for tilling, trenching and sowing to ensure your gardens success.
* Learn propagating methods so that you can grow many more plants form just one stock plant. Learn propagating from cuttings, by grafting, by using stock tress, by budding and by layering. All of these are easy and fun methods that you and your family are sure to enjoy!
* There is a nice section on growing grapes in minimum space while producing so many grapes that it’ll make your mouth water!
* Learn how to successfully grow 81 different vegetables and herbs, 26 tasty fruits and nuts and the most popular flowers and shrubs with the most gorgeous blooms!
You are sure to love the information, guidance and tips provided in American Gardener!
The American Gardener is available for the incredibly low price of $7, a $30 discount on the suggested retail price. To get your copy, visit the Gardening Soopa Store.
Another great site for everyone interested in gardening is www.myGardening411.com which you can easily spend hours finding out all manner of information, hints and tips; from starting a garden, growing indoors and to the joys of organic and hydroponic vegetable growing. What we really like is the fact that as well as informative articles there are literally hundreds of videos to watch which we’re sure will help you avoid any confusion. It certainly helped us and our strawberries this year!