So you reckon you have an instinct for mixing? Perhaps you just want to get behind the decks and host killer parties with your own music while setting the dance floor on fire in ways that John Travolta could only dream about? If you’re nodding your head then you’ll want to get your hands on a great new piece of kit from Hercules, it’s their latest mixing console for computers, the DJ Control Instinct.
The DJ Control Instinct has been created with all users in mind and comes equipped with everything you need to start having fun right away – audio outputs, pressure-detecting jog wheels and some intuitive mixing software called, wait for it, DJUCED! No, I don’t know where they dig up the names from either but who cares what it’s called, wait till you see and hear what it can do!
Looks impressive doesn’t it? As you’d expect from the name, this gizmo is nothing if not instinctive. It’s also compact and lightweight so you can can easily take it with you whenever you get invited to someone else’s party; all you (or they) need is a computer (PC or Mac®, with a USB input port), a pair of amplified speakers, headphones and of course audio files on your computer.
What is also impressive is the price, around £80 from Amazon makes it very affordable, especially when you consider you’re getting the following:
- A 2-deck DJ controller
- 2 jog wheels with pressure detection.
- Mixer controls in the centre with deck controls on the left and right hand sides.
- Built-in audio outputs for mix and previewing
- Mix: 2 RCA outputs + 1/8″ stereo mini-jack output for active speakers.
- Preview: 1/8″ stereo mini-jack output for headphones.
- Pressure-detecting jog wheels
- Scratch by pressing down on the wheel, as naturally as you would with a vinyl record (that’s those black plastic discs your (grand)parents told you about)
- The wheels also bend the pitch and allow you to browse within tracks.
- Compact and user-friendly
- Compact: 10.4 x 7.4″ that’s 26.5 x 18.7 cm for you metric folk.
- USB bus-powered with an attached USB cable, yes attached which means it’s one less cable to lose.
- Weight: it’s only 2.2 lbs / 1 kg which means you won’t put your back out carrying it to all the parties you’re going to get asked to DJ at.
Don’t forget you also get the DJ Software DJUCED which has features that should keep both amateurs and professionals happy.
- Get started mixing in just minutes: the controller and the software fit perfectly together.
- Instantly view the beats, track lengths, and which songs fit well for the next track to be played.
- Set the pitch intuitively or sync automatically for smooth transitions.
- Customize your songs with loops, effects and samples.
- Create your own sound with filters or the step sequencer.
- Save your mix in audio files so can share with your friends.
The DJ Control instinct is available now from Amazon